Install a Network Printer in Mac OS X
What You Need to Print to a Networked MSL Printer
- Computer running Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Internet access
Note: Instructions are based on OS X 10.8. Minor differences exist for users of Mac OS X 10.7, 10.6, and 10.5.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Double-click on Print & Scan (Print & Fax).
- In the Print & Scan (Print & Fax) window, click on the plus sign button.
- Click on the IP tab in the Print Browser window.
- Set Protocol to HP Jetdirect - Socket.
- For Address, enter the IP address of the printer you want to add. IP addresses of MSL printers are available on the printer list.
- Leave the Queue field blank. The Name and Location fields are for your reference to keep track of your printers and differentiate between multiple ones.
- For Print Using, do not select Generic Postscript Printer. OS X will try to locate an appropriate driver but if it cannot then It is recommended to download the correct driver from the manufacturer. Click on the name of the printer on the printer list to be taken to the manufacturer's driver download page.
- Click Add. The lab printer will be added to your list of printers.